Useful Parent Resources
Registration depends on availability of openings in each troop, the size of each troop depends on how many parents have volunteered to be leaders and assistant leaders. Siblings have first priority so often there are very few openings as families stay with the troop through multiple children. Second Priority is for parents who are willing to fill critical volunteer roles, either in Executive positions in managing Brooklyn Scouts or Troop specific. For all membership questions or to be placed on a wait list for a specific troop, Contact Membership Coordinator.
Anyone interested in starting their own BPSA group under the Brooklyn Scouts umbrella (complete with training, insurance, guidelines, etc.) please Contact Jillian Tate, Group Scoutmaster. Thank you for your patience and stepping up to meet the demand and keep the Brooklyn Scouts inclusive, to not have to turn away any family from the joys of the outdoors.
Policy & Program
The following is a partial list of important policy and program documents for both 5th Brooklyn Scout 501c and BPSA.
- Code of Ethics & Youth Protection Guidelines
- Safe Swim Defense Guidelines
- BPSA-US Bylaws
- Terms & Conditions
- Participating Adults Required Background Check
We supply a complete uniform set at the start of each season (hat, shirt, basic badges: section, BPSA, Brooklyn 5th and Handbook). In the event you may require replacements and/or other supplies they can be found in our Quartermaster Store.
- Scout Kit List - Fall Camping
- Family Kit List - Fall Camping
- Gear/Brand Recommendations for all Budgets
- Local Rental List (gear, cars, etc.)
5th Brooklyn Scout Discount
Bring your Scout Handbook to receive discounts on purchasing and renting camping gear at local retailers:
- Gear-To-Go Outfitters 217 Garfield Place Brooklyn, NY 11215 - 10% discount
- EMS 530 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 - 20% discount (in-store only)
- Tents and Trails 21 Park Pl, New York, NY 10007 -10% discount (in-store only)
Leave No Trace (LNT)
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics teaches people how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly.